Thursday, August 18, 2016

LBC: Lolita Influences on Your Daily Wardrobe Style


With lolita being my favorite fashion style it's no secret that it has a big impact on my everyday wear too! This week's LBC challenge is perfect for focusing on how to incorporate lolita elements into everyday wear. Here I'll be showing some of my favorite outfits that I wear frequently to school.




1. Pink x Mint Floral

Outfit Rundown:
Bow - Forever 21
Cardigan - Lord and Taylor
Dress - Forever 21
Underskirt - Nordstrom
Petticoat - unknown offbrand
Tights - Betsey Johnson
Shoes - Payless

This outfit doesn't use any lolita fashion pieces, but rather elements from the style purchased from everyday stores, starting with a simple floral dress. The underskirt was added to the dress for length and a cardigan used to cover the short sleeves maintaining the layering and modesty aspects of the fashion. A small petticoat is able to fit here so I always wear one to add some poof. The lace tights were paired with white tights underneath to keep my skin from showing, which is something I always do regardless of what style I'm wearing. A small hair bow and sparkly jewelry are easy ways to help balance the colors in the dress throughout the whole outfit. Mary Janes with a small heel, round toe, and glossy finish help to complete the girly look.

As you can see the outfit isn't lolita but uses pieces similar to lolita piece such as Mary Jane shoes, a pastel cardigan, pastel lace tights, a small hair bow, an underskirt, etc. These are pieces that I wear with lolita dresses themselves to tone them down a bit for casual school coords too. We'll take a look at those next and then work our way to full lolita coords.




2. Pup in a Cup

Outfit Rundown:
Bow - Angelic Pretty
Cardigan - Ann Taylor
Accessories - Vintage
Skirt - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Tights - Target
Socks - Hue
Shoes - Bodyline

This is a casual lolita coord perfect for a day with only a few classes. Skirts tend to be smaller and have less volume than dresses so that is a good start. Picking a neutral color found in the skirt print for the cardigan is an easy way to keep it more simple. Plus neutral colors are more easy to find in regular stores than pastels. Vintage pearls are timeless and go with multiple styles. Solid colored tights prevent it from becoming too busy. Layering on frilly ankle socks adds another lolita element. Most lolita shoes have block heels which make them comfy for doing lots of walking around campus. 




3. Dreamy Girl

Outfit Rundown:
Cardigan - Target
JSK - Dreamy Girl - Angelic Pretty
Tights - Betsey Johnson
Shoes - Bodyline

This was a last minute outfit to attend a charity event at my school where formal attire was required. I only keep a few lolita pieces at school with me so my school coordinates aren't as matchy-matchy as my meetup coords and trust me, as someone who lives to be as matchy-matchy as possible this is a huge struggle lol. Offbrand tights and a cardigan in pastels are easy fixes. 




4. Original Tartan Check

Outfit Rundown:
Bow - Angelic Pretty
Bolero - Bodyline
Necklace - Angelic Pretty
JSK - Original Tartan Check - Alice and the Pirates
Bag - Angelic Pretty
Tights - Target
Shoes - Payless

When I do have lolita pieces with me at school they are usually my cheaper pieces like this Bodyline bolero, and luckypack purse from AP. I like to wear my AP jewelry a lot no matter what style clothes I'm in. I typically wear lolita like this about 2 times a week during school. I have a hard time making it to meetups with my busy schedule, so wearing it to school allows me to keep going in the fashion.


Thank you for reading! Check out the other participants from this week's challenge below:




No comments:

Post a Comment